In lieu of the annual PuroClean convention awards ceremony, which was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the leading restoration and remediation franchise showcased its admiration and gratitude for its franchise owners in an innovative virtual celebration. The awards were presented live via Crowdcast during the virtual ceremony and included Franchise of the Year, Rookie of the Year and Hot Shot of the Year, among others.
“COVID-19 has brought unique challenges to businesses in nearly every industry, and while our particular segment continues to thrive, the pandemic has forced us to evaluate the way we traditionally do business – including looking at the format of our annual convention and awards ceremony,” said Mark W. Davis, Chairman and CEO. “While we wish we were able to celebrate in New Orleans together, we made the difficult decision to cancel our annual convention. However, we did not want for our award winners from this past year to go unnoticed, and I am proud of the effort by the home office team, creating a truly remarkable, innovative way to honor our 2019 top performers and reward our network for their hard work. I’m thrilled to have been able to participate in an extraordinary evening of celebration.”
While this year’s convention was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PuroClean’s executive team took a proactive approach to reformatting the company’s popular awards ceremony, putting together an innovative virtual awards presentation to honor their franchise owners. A livestream was themed as a news broadcast segment, opening with highlights of the dedicated work that PuroClean franchise owners have performed in their local communities since the pandemic hit and transitioned into the awards portion. The set-up allowed for chat integration and live video engagement with presenters and award winners.
PuroClean franchise owners who received awards for their efforts in 2019 include:
- Craig and Jenny Hawkins from Woodinville, Washington, who were awarded the most prestigious PuroClean award, Franchise of the Year, for excelling in sales growth, market share, sales revenue, profitability, and the number of continuing education classes conducted, among other criteria.
- Phil Dhargyal and Tenzin Jigme of Alexandria, Virginia, who were awarded Rookie of the Year U.S. for highest sales percentage growth in the first 12 months of business.
- Warren and Kristie Haist of Collingwood, Ontario, who were awarded Rookie of the Year Canada for highest sales percentage growth in the first 12 months of business.
- Sam Abushenaf from Brookfield, Nova Scotia, who was presented the Hotshot Award. This is given to the franchise owner, who has the highest sales percentage growth from 2018 to 2019.
- Chris Tucker from Arlington, Texas; Jim Bauer from Frisco, Texas; Dave Nieman from Canton, GA; Charles Atkins from Cleveland, Tennessee; Becky Edgren from Dayton, OH; Scott Hopkins from Burlington, Ontario; and Ken McDermot from Milton, Ontario, who were named Rainmakers by fellow franchise ownersfor balancing personal success with helping the PuroClean Network.
- Tim Walsh from Linthicum Heights, Maryland, earned the Becky Edgren Continuing Education Award for hosting the most continuing education classes — 50 — in 2019.
- Bob Jordan of Lynnwood, Washington, who was given the Brand Promise Award for teamwork, loyalty, camaraderie, service excellence, and dedication to the brand.
- Richard Ludd from Ted Porter’s Lanham, Maryland office, was awarded Technician of the Year, representing the PuroClean brand with the highest integrity and detail to customer service.
- Tomas and Sonia Mejia from Denver, Colorado, were presented with the On the Move Award designed to recognize first-year ownerswho represent the core of servant leadership, active collaboration, and extreme ownership among the franchise community. The award, nominated and selected by the PuroClean Executive Team, is not given annually and is reserved for those who truly exemplify the drive and commitment it takes to get their office ‘On The Move.’
During the virtual awards ceremony, PuroClean’s executive leadership team acknowledged significant company updates on record-breaking growth year in and year out, from $89 million dollars in 2014 to a record $195 million in 2019 – a total of a 220% growth over a five-year period. The company’s leadership team previewed this year’s annual Fall Regional Meetings, which will take place in Boston, MA; Nashville, TN and Las Vegas, NV, and will offer the franchise network hope for what lies ahead and provide new opportunities to grow and connect.
“PuroClean is ‘On the Move’ in pursuit of building a truly world-class brand and we remain committed to providing outstanding leadership to our franchise system across the United States and Canada,” said Steve White, President and COO of PuroClean. “Our leadership team, together with our outstanding community of franchise owners, continues achieving record-breaking success year after year. And part of how we build our world-class brand is to build a world-class culture through servant leadership, extreme ownership, and active collaboration.”
PuroClean has become one of the leading restoration franchise companies in the nation. Each year, PuroClean performs thousands of jobs throughout the United States and Canada, providing restoration services from common household mishaps to large-scale disasters.
For more information on PuroClean, contact 800-775-7876 or visit www.PuroClean.com.